Applications for program funding in 2020-2021 are now OPEN.
Applications for the 2021-2022 funding year will be available on Jan. 31, 2021.
Note that United Way is not in the position to meet all recognized needs in the community. Funding will be allocated to areas of the greatest perceived community needs first. It is possible that an agency might meet expectations on all criteria and still not be awarded funding.
How to Apply for Support
- Ensure that your organization meet the United Way Support Guidelines, which are:
- Your organization is a Registered Canadian Charity in good standing with CRA (Information about Charity/Non-Charity Partnerships)
- Your organization provides human service programs which align with United Way's funding priorities
- Your organization exists within the geographic area served by United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta. This area extends from the B.C. border to highway 36 up to and including Taber and Vauxhall, and from the U.S. border north to Claresholm.
- Download and complete the Application Package using the links below. You will only need Additional Section 3 if applying for funding to support more than one program.
- Submit your application on or before Tuesday, March 31, 2020. Be sure to include all required supporting documents.
- Submissions can be made digitally (preferred) by emailing email@example.com or
- By mail or hand-delivery to:
United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta
#203 B, 542 - 7 St. S.
Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 2H1
- Paper submissions must NOT be stapled or in binders or coils.
Do We Qualify?
The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta does NOT fund:
• Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
• The arts (unless tied to social programming)
• Medical research
• Capital costs (One-time expenses, the cost of which is needed to bring a project to a commercially operable status. ex: acquisition of land or buildings, construction projects, purchase of vehicles, facility maintenance, utility payments, office equipment)
• Wages and salaries (unless shown to be directly linked to a specific program’s delivery)
Please contact us if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the forms. We will be happy to assist you!