Applications for program funding in 2022-2023 are now CLOSED.
Applications for the 2023-2024 funding year will re-open on January 31, 2023.
Note that United Way is not in the position to meet all recognized needs in the community. Funding will be allocated to areas of the greatest perceived community needs first. It is possible that an agency might meet expectations on all criteria and still not be awarded funding.
Eligibility & How To Apply
- Ensure that your organization meet the United Way Support Guidelines, which are:
- Your organization is a Registered Canadian Charity or qualified donee in good standing with CRA
- Your organization provides human service programs which align with United Way's funding priorities
- Your organization exists within the geographic area served by United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta (B.C. border to highway 36 up to and including Taber and Vauxhall, and from the U.S. border north to Claresholm).
- Download and complete the Application Package using the links below. You will only need "Additional Section 3" if applying for funding to support more than one program.
- Submit your application on or before Thursday, March 31, 2022. Be sure to include all required supporting documents.
- Email completed applications and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta is not able to fund:
• Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
• The arts (unless tied to social programming)
• Medical research
• Capital costs (One-time expenses, the cost of which is needed to bring a project to an operable status. ex: acquisition of land or buildings, construction projects, purchase of vehicles, office equipment)
• Wages and salaries (unless shown to be directly linked to a specific program’s delivery)
Please contact us if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the forms. We will be happy to assist you!
Need in-depth help with this or any other grant application? Contact Volunteer Lethbridge for Expert Grant Support.